Stop phonelock....?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I have made an app which plays audio (ambient sound). I need to prevent the phone from locking so that the app stays open and screen on, (the screen is part of the ambience)

is it possible?

thanks all :)

• I don't know if your are targeting Iphone but seems this behaviour must be specified by users/players in general "settings" and not by C2 dev ! ... so if a user want his phone to be locked after 3 minutes in all apps when doing nothing you must not prevent him to do so ! ;-p

Of course some apps use direct access to mobile feature to do the job ...

for example using this kind of code :

[

[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES];

• I don't know if your are targeting Iphone but seems this behaviour must be specified by users/players in general "settings" and not by C2 dev ! ... so if a user want his phone to be locked after 3 minutes in all apps when doing nothing you can't prevent him to do so ! ;-p

I'm talking about a droid but for iPhone that is not true, if you was to watch a movie on it or live tv with tvcatchup, it wouldn't lock regardless of settings, in my app, I have a few different frames that play along with audio, your not meant to touch just watch and listen, but the phone eventually locks :(. Really need a way to stop this or my app is kinda pointless.

• Sorry you post too fast, i'm well known here to edit my post three times min before giving all details ;-p

So using "only" C2 i think is not actually possible to do so ... but if you are exporting your project toward another product giving access to some native mobile feature like "phonegap" i think it could be possible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think this is currently possible, but Mozilla are working on standardising features to lock the screen to always on, so hopefully support will come in the near future.

• Any updates on this? I'm also working on an app that needs the device always awake.

• I second that - I have a countdown timer app that needs the phone to remain awake during that time frame. Any new info would be greatly appreciated.

• I'm also looking for something to prevent the screen lock.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)