How do I Stop overlapping between instances

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Hi, How do I Stop overlapping between instances?? I tried all the examples around the forum but none of them works as I need it, Even the rex "push out solid", "bullet bounce of solids " etc...... all of them they start pushing to much pixels away until they start moving weird on different angles, I just need that they don't overlap each other but still moving smooth next to each other, without affecting the bullet angle of motion or without bouncing.

Thank you, I will leave a capx if anyone wanna have a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tg3oz47w0s9svx/StopOberlap.capx?dl=0

• Try doing a forum search for "boids". This behaviour might be what you're looking for

~Sol

• You may find an answer here:

• Try doing a forum search for "boids". This behaviour might be what you're looking for

~Sol

SoldjahBoy Thanks a lot , really cool behavior I did tried out its pretty close to what I'm looking for, however

still has two negative things,

1-still the balls shakes a little bit but is the best I found until now

2- I couldn't find the way to toggle it off during the runtime as it's not all the time that will need it to be active, for what I see when is not in need the behaivor, you have to delete the boid behavior to stop interfering with the bullet behavior

Maybe a video showing what Im trying to do will help: have a look when they are split in more than one ball and they are close to each other, they move smooth in formation to the the same angle without any shaking or bouncing, do you think its posible in construct 2?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cnsfu6cw5yva79/Agario%20Last.mp4?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You may find an answer here:

alextro Thank you, I did experiment the whole week with all your examples wich are really cool and a few different ones but still no luck, I posted a video for reference, maybe you could see how it could be done

• From what I see the motion is like moving along and sometimes they merge. Probably the speed affected by it's own mass size. That is more physics to me and meta ball render looks alike.

• From what I see the motion is like moving along and sometimes they merge. Probably the speed affected by it's own mass size. That is more physics to me and meta ball render looks alike.

Cool m8, definitely doesn't sound like it's for me, I haven't got that experience thanks for your help

• A tip I can give you for using boids, is to use the boids behaviour on a "ghost object" - and then get it's coordinate data, or whatever else you need from it, and apply that to your actual object.

In my current protoytpe, I have made a group of "dudes" follow the main player "dude". I have some ghost boid objects that flock with the player constantly, and use pathfinding to reach the desired boid location. Each "dude" has his own instance of a boid "node" that is always following the player. In this way, I get the flocked-style "formation" while using path finding, while avoiding having everything pile up in a pixel perfect mountain of identical sprites.... BUT still have the ability to navigate intelligently.

I have found boids a little... constraining to work with. I have also had some issues implementing rex's boids behaviour as well... but in the end I found the original one a little more straight forward to use, and by using "ghosts" I was able to do exactly what I wanted while maintaining direct control over my actual sprite "dudes".

~Sol

• SoldjahBoy Thanks so much for your help and the tips, I been playing more with the avoid behavior and it's awesome, I'm pretty surprised that this behavior still working that well when hasn't been maintaining for 3 years jejeje lol the developer of the plugin must be a genius and I think he mention that he did it in a few days awesome.

Take care

• Awesome stuff! Glad that I could be helpful... everyone knows I ask enough questions myself still, lol!

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)