How do I stop my game randomly freezing for 2-3 seconds

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Like tourists, Travel around the world as fast as you can!
  • Hi,

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the bugs section, apologies if this is the wrong place. I recently posted a prototype I exported with node webkit online for some early feedback, it can be found here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=41007.0 in case that information is needed. A few users mentioned the game would freeze for a few seconds and I have no idea what's causing it, unfortunately there are roughly 200 events so I worry finding the issue may be tough but I can't figure out for the life of me what would cause this.

Here's the capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bci5evuo82yl8k0/PrototypeThing2.capx

And as a bonus favour (feel free to ignore this) any feedback on the game itself would be awesome

Thankyou for your time,

Jordan

• It will be difficult for anyone else to debug your game as it is not exactly well commented, and quite convoluted.

What you should do is try to get as much info about the freeze, i.e. at what position in the game does it occur? Does it always occur in the same place, or is it at random times?

If you can pin it down to a particular time or location, then run in Debug mode and monitor CPU, memory, collision checks etc to see if something stands out.

• My game also freeze on node webkit.

On chrome and firefox it run smoothly.

I don't think the problem from us, Because there many users on the forum talking about this issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I kind of use groups as comments. But I understand they're not very detailed.

Hopefully someone can confirm if this is an issue with Construct 2/Node WebKit or the game itself, it seems to work in debug similar to what A0Nasser described

• If the problem is only Node-Webkit, then as Ashley has responded in other posts, because Chromium is currently lagging behind in it's version of Chrome, problems will hopefully go with the next Node_Webkit update (in about a month, the NW devs tell him).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)