How do I get started with this simple game idea of mine

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I believe I have a simple game idea I would like to try with C2 but I just don't know where to start. I've watched some tutorials on youtube (not a lot however) just to see what C2 could do and out of curiosity. Needless to say I'm a total newb and what I'm looking for here, is for you guys to point me in the right direction in terms of documentations and tutorials that would help me with my game.

So here is my idea...I made an epic sketch to help me describe it...yes you can laugh.

My game would be an avoid the obstacles type of game. The "dude" would be in the center position by default and when an obstacle would come down, I would have to dodge it by pressing the left button to make him move to the left or the right button to make him move to the right. He would also return automatically to the center position after a short period of time (just enough time to avoid an obstacle) ready to avoid the next obstacle and so on. The obstacles would appear more rapidly after a certain number of avoided obstacles...let's say every 10 avoided obstacles just to put a number and you would have only one try...so if you miss one, it's game over.

I would like the obstacles to appear randomly and not by a preselected order.

I would like to be able to see the current score (number of obstacles avoided) AND the best score ever played in the session.

That's pretty much all I can think right now...so feel free to point to any docs or tutorial that would help me achieve my goal.

Thanks you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would recommend you starting with the platformer tutorials so you get an idea of controls, behaviours, and even score.

After that, I would recommend to take the time to read the manual.

• I'm unable to post links, but look on youtube for the Scirra channel. There is a series of videos for a class on learning how to use Construct 2. It's where everyone should start, in my opinion.

• Cool ! Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)