How do I start NW.js multiple times?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Dear People,

is there a possibility to start NW.js multiple times when previewing the game?

When i'm trying to test a multiplayer game i can simply preview it in a browser by open as many tabs in it as i want.

However the NW.js only starts once. It would be awesome to be able to open multiple windows cause whenever i'm previewing stuff the tabs (and in this case the NW.js windows) would reload.

Is there a way to do that or do i need to make a feature request somewhere?

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Dear People,

is there a possibility to start NW.js multiple times when previewing the game?

When i'm trying to test a multiplayer game i can simply preview it in a browser by open as many tabs in it as i want.

However the NW.js only starts once. It would be awesome to be able to open multiple windows cause whenever i'm previewing stuff the tabs (and in this case the NW.js windows) would reload.

Is there a way to do that or do i need to make a feature request somewhere?

Thank you!

This is not a feature built into NW.js it seems, however you can "trick" it so its possible, if you do like this:

1. Open C2 two times and load in the project in both of them.

2. In the project properties panel for one of them you change the project name. So if your project name is "Multiplayer car simulator" then you just call the project name "Multiplayer car simulator 1" for instant in one of them.

That will allow you to run two versions of the same program. However not sure how it makes your program behave, but at least you can do that way.

• Thanks for your reply!

I expected to need a workaround like that.

However wouldn't it be possible to start the NW.js twice with the same parameters out of C2?

I guess that would need an implementation in the program itself.

Maybe a feature request could help in future

Thanks again, have a creative day!

• Thanks for your reply!

I expected to need a workaround like that.

However wouldn't it be possible to start the NW.js twice with the same parameters out of C2?

I guess that would need an implementation in the program itself.

Maybe a feature request could help in future

Thanks again, have a creative day!

Yeah it would be a nice feature I think

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)