Star Counting System

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Perhaps someone has the source.

The game has several levels (let there be 5). For each completed level you can get 3 stars (there is such a source). There is a certain variable that is responsible for the number of stars earned. Since there are 5 levels, then when completing all levels and completing all tasks, the maximum number of stars is 15.

Interested in the following.

When passing, for example, level 1, the player receives 1 star. 1 is added to the Global variable. Then we go through the level again for 1 star. The global variable remains the same. We go through the level again, but this time with 2 stars. The global variable becomes equal to 2 (since 1 star was already earned, but when replaying, they got another one). Accordingly, when passing a level by 3 stars, the value of the GV becomes equal to 3. And at the same time, stars could be spent on an upgrade, but after the number of stars decreased in a certain GV, then when passing the same level they would no longer be added.

Tagged:

• I have an example that using array for that kind level progression:

dropbox.com/s/vh3n39sk8z2dhrl/LevelSaveMenu.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I already have a similar source code. I'm interested in how to display the total number of stars.

dropbox.com/scl/fi/xbqqd8yg7alfzhk4mlx05/levelsstars.capx

• Simple just sum array values where we stored retrieved stars for each level. In my example I put them in array y index 2, but I put them in reverse which 0 equal to 3 stars, 1 equal to 2 stars and 2 to 1 star.

• Simple just sum array values where we stored retrieved stars for each level. In my example I put them in array y index 2, but I put them in reverse which 0 equal to 3 stars, 1 equal to 2 stars and 2 to 1 star.

Thanks for the information, I'll look into it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)