How do I Make A Staircase?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I've been working on a mission where you climb a tower and shoot enemies. However, it seems that the "Jump-Thru" Behavior does not work with stairs

[attachment=0:f7owv75t][/attachment:f7owv75t]

You just move through the platform, instead of going up it. Any Ideas to let you climb the stairs?

• I guess it depends how nice you want it to look... you could just have a solid platform, invissible and at an agle and a sprite of stairs (not doing anything) covering that platform. Then have your player have a stairs walking animation trigger when he is on the angled platform.

• I guess it depends how nice you want it to look... you could just have a solid platform, invissible and at an agle and a sprite of stairs (not doing anything) covering that platform. Then have your player have a stairs walking animation trigger when he is on the angled platform.

I'll Try that. Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm... Still not working. The person is still going through the stairs. Is there anything else I can try?

• Hmm... Still not working. The person is still going through the stairs. Is there anything else I can try?

I've managed to do it one way. It's kind of buggy, but it works, at least.

[attachment=0:178n8ipg][/attachment:178n8ipg]

It sets a Diagonal Line solid, and then disables it if you are in a certain place. It doesn't work too well, and glitches out when you jump.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)