How do I stabilize animations?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • I'm using some sprites and the different animation images are broken up into separate files. When I import each file, Construct 2 crops it so that every sprite has a different size. This means the sprite can wobble during its animation. Is there a way to ensure I have a fixed sprite size throughout the entire animation?

• Don't import sprite sheets. Instead import each animation frame separately.

You can also use the image origin but i'm pretty sure that's more complicated.

• I guess this is a problem with my source. I noticed the images themselves are different sizes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's not a problem on your side. The engine crops everything if you import it as an animation strip.

• That's not a problem on your side. The engine crops everything if you import it as an animation strip.

This isn't true.

I've just loaded 2 sprite sheets into the

same

animation. My 32x32 sprite sheet imports at 32x32 and my 64x64 sprite sheet imports at 64x64. No cropping on either of the 2 different sizes.

When I preview in browser the sprites size is 32x32 until it comes to the frame when the 64x64 sprite sheet starts and the sprite resizes correctly changes to 64x64.

So unless I miss understood your statement is complete rubbish.

Edit** Here's the sprite sheets I used

32x32

64x64

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)