Can you make a sprite solid for one sprite but not others?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • So that one sprite can't move through it and can stand on it but other sprites can move through it. Can you make it work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes.. but you would have to get creative.. it wouldn't work using existing solid behavior though.

You would need to have events that on-overlap or on-collide decided if the object could pass through and then allow such action.

Search forums and tutorials for doors or making a door... sounds similar to what your trying to do.

• If you make the sprite solid but collisions disabled and make collisions enabled when the sprite that i supposed to be able to stand on it and not being able to move through it is overlapping the sprite at offset. The problem is that something needs to make it so that when the sprite is not overlapping the solid sprite at offset, the collisons would get disabled and it doesn not exist a not overlapping at offset action. Even if this would work other sprites would not be able to move through the solid sprite while the one sprite is overlapping it.

• I don't know if I got it right, but here is my suggestion... You need to create a instance variable for the object, then you can do: When X event -> Set Y OBJECT instance variable to (Value) or When X event -> Y OBJECT toggle boolean. This way you can control a variable for each instance of the same object independtly from the others same objects. So then you could do a: When Y OBJECT instace variable = value -> Set solid disabled.

• Yes.. but you would have to get creative.. it wouldn't work using existing solid behavior though.

You would need to have events that on-overlap or on-collide decided if the object could pass through and then allow such action.

Search forums and tutorials for doors or making a door... sounds similar to what your trying to do.

What do you mean whit X event. I get the rest but not that.

• Do X Event mean at overlapping at offset X and Y?

• I would like to have a another answer or a clearer version of the previous answer.

• I would like an answer.

• I would like an answer.

• I am going to keep replying until i get an answer.

• I am going to keep replying until i get an answer.

• The closest you can get with behaviors is probably this:

Otherwise you'll have to get creative, maybe even do the motion with just events so you can make the rules about what is or isn't solid. But it's probably not simple.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)