How do I make a sprite ride onto another?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
City ride is a game to improve your memory.You have to focus and remember the information related to passengers of previ
  • I get as much as setting a position to an object, but the problem is that it makes the player object warp onto a different instance of that object rather than the closest (directly overlapping) thing.

• Try using collission or overlap conditions to specify which instance is being picked specifically, then pin the player to the object.

• Try using collission or overlap conditions to specify which instance is being picked specifically, then pin the player to the object.

That worked! Now though I'm wondering; is there any way I can get the player object to connect from -where- it was when it started riding, rather than onto a set image point?

• Yes that should be the simpler behavior actually - right when they overlap, pin player to object (suggest adding Trigger Once as well).

I made an example for someone else, for picking up an object. Not exactly what your situation, but you should be able to get the idea.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf5pnjr3jcrwr ... .capx?dl=0

• Yes that should be the simpler behavior actually - right when they overlap, pin player to object (suggest adding Trigger Once as well).

I made an example for someone else, for picking up an object. Not exactly what your situation, but you should be able to get the idea.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf5pnjr3jcrwr ... .capx?dl=0

Seems to help a bit but I'm scratching my head at an inconsistency where the player doesn't want to follow the object's movements. It sticks to one position for a moment while overlapping only.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is your player being unpinned by another event? Do you have any other events adjusting your player position? Pin should work even if objects aren't touching.

• Ok, I've got it now! Thank you for the help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)