How to make a sprite move in half circles?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
You can change amount and speed of circles, length of lines and etc. Only 6 events.
  • The title explains it all.

• It actually doesn't..

What do you want to happen at the end of the half a circle?

Should the sprite slowdown and speed up or just change direction while keeping speed?

I guess a little fooling around with the sine behaviour could do the trick..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could ofcourse also just program it yourself by setting the sprite to the center of the circle and adding a certain number to the angle and moving the sprite the radius of the circle every tick..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/485 ... ement.capx

• It actually doesn't..

What do you want to happen at the end of the half a circle?

Should the sprite slowdown and speed up or just change direction while keeping speed?

I guess a little fooling around with the sine behaviour could do the trick..

I want the sprite to turn when it has moved a half circle and move a half circle to the other direction. If you don't know what i mean whit a half circle imagine a rainbows shape. I know that i am probably going to use the Sine behavior i just want to know which offsetts i should use. I know how to make sprite move in a full circle but not in a half circle. Again i want the sprite to move left and rigth in a half circle.

• > It actually doesn't..

>

> What do you want to happen at the end of the half a circle?

> Should the sprite slowdown and speed up or just change direction while keeping speed?

> I guess a little fooling around with the sine behaviour could do the trick..

>

I want the sprite to turn when it moved a half circle and move a half circle to the other direction. If you don't know what i mean whit a half circle image a rainbows shape. I know that i am probably going to use the Sine behavior i just want to know which offsetts i should use. I know how to make sprite a full circle but not in ahalf circle. Again i want the sprite to move left and rigth in a half circle.

Did you download the capx I linked?

Doing it with sine behaviour you would need a horizontal and a vertical one

make the vertical one half the period of the horizontal and have it start at 1/4 of the period

make the horizontal a little more than twice the magnitude of the vertical and you're done..

You could have fiddled with the numbers yourself, offcourse..

• >

> > It actually doesn't..

> >

> > What do you want to happen at the end of the half a circle?

> > Should the sprite slowdown and speed up or just change direction while keeping speed?

> > I guess a little fooling around with the sine behaviour could do the trick..

> >

>

> I want the sprite to turn when it moved a half circle and move a half circle to the other direction. If you don't know what i mean whit a half circle image a rainbows shape. I know that i am probably going to use the Sine behavior i just want to know which offsetts i should use. I know how to make sprite a full circle but not in ahalf circle. Again i want the sprite to move left and rigth in a half circle.

>

Did you download the capx I linked?

Doing it with sine behaviour you would need a horizontal and a vertical one

make the vertical one half the period of the horizontal and have it start at 1/4 of the period

make the horizontal a little more than twice the magnitude of the vertical and you're done..

You could have fiddled with the numbers yourself, offcourse..[/quote It works now. Solved.

• No need to thank me, glad I could help!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)