How do I split the screen!?!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi Everyone,

I've finished my first game and will be uploading it very soon, but I'm back working on a game I'm doing as a personal thing for love.

I'm trying to recreate an old game called "Lords of Chaos", but I'm stuck on this:

If you see the RPG image above, the screen has 2 halves, one is the playable area the sprite moves around in.

The other is where all the controls and features are.

I've tried to recreate the split screen by using a solid wall, but because my sprite moves around - on touch touch screen the sprite moves there (not platform) when it hits that anchor solid the sprite seems to ride up to the top of the screen.

The other problem I have with just a solid wall there is that the sprite has scroll to, so when it gets close to the wall he's half off the screen.

Is there a way to split the screen and make the 'game play' area limited to just that area, meaning the sprite will also scroll to the middle of that area and not the whole layout area.

The other part of the layout would then have all those buttons and controls.

Thanks for any help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fill your screen with sprites around your gameplay area (let's call them "limit sprites"), then to your "on touch screen" condition add another condition about not touching those "limit sprites".

• Hi

Interesting, will give that go thanks, the only problem I can see with that is the scroll to feature will centre my main player sprite in the centre of the whole screen still, so when he goes near the edge with the controls I'll only see a small amount of the right hand side of him.

I really need the centre of the screen for scroll to, to be the centre of the play area.

Sorry if this is not written well, I know in my head what i'm trying to say

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)