Could someone please help me? Speech recognition does not work in the .EXE version of my game I get when I export to Node Webkit. I have tried it on two different computers, one with windows 8, and one with windows 7. The speech recognition works when I preview in Google Chrome, so I know the events work. I have set up events so if the game is compatible with speech recognition on it's current platform, a Text object will read "Compatible!". If speech recognition is not compatible on it's current platform, the Text object will read "Sorry...". On both PCs the Text object reads "Compatible!", and each computer's microphones are on, but for some reason, it will not recognize speech
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Have you tried r174? It uses an updated version of node-webkit which is more up-to-date with Chrome, and they added the speech stuff fairly recently.
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
I tried r147 with the sample app, and the same problem happens there.
But I think this is a fundamental limitation of Node WebKit. Node Webkit uses Chromium, not Chrome, and access to the interesting Google services in Chromium needs a Google Dev account and creating a custom build of Chromium (http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/api-keys). Even then, it turns out the speech API isn't public (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1272 ... speech-api).
I guess until there's a widely available back-end speech API that can be plugged in, what we get is what we have.