Spawning a sprite "right way up"

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • I'm building a track racing game, where coming off the track spawns a sprite of the word "Oops!". It's much like having the car explode, but avoids the death 'n' destruction :)

Anyway - I've found that when I spawn the explosion, it appears at an angle relative to that of the car at the time of collision. So if the car is heading left -> right, it's OK, but if it's heading down the screen the word is on its side, or upside down if heading right -> left.

I know I'm probably missing something simple, but is there a way to make the spawned sprite always appear the right way up, ignoring the angle of the car?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well its possible that it's because you tell the car sprite to spawn the text so it takes the angle of the car. If you set the angle of the new text to 0 it should be the right way up. Or get System to spawn the text which should make everything okay. Let me know if it works! :D Cheers!

• I knew it must be simple - setting the angle of the new sprite to 0 straight after spawning it did the trick.

Talk about brain-freeze on my part! Thanks for the pointer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)