How do I Spawn Objects in a row

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • I'm working on a simple Break Out like game. What I'm trying to do is as a power up you can replenish a row all at once. So as that last line is being broken through you can use a power up to repopulate the row.

I was hoping for a simple method. I can't think of any way to do this in a group like way. I wanted to try to randomly fill in the missing spots one per power up but I know that will be a nightmare, but I'll settle for destroying what's left of a row and spawning a new row.

Thank you in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok I got it done one line of code, just add this method to your game

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/jj4HMxXk/file.html

Run the game and press the spacebar, boom the blocks appear. Any questions just ask.

• PixelPower - SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT.... checking it out now and thank you. I have been working night and day on this game and this is the first time I couldn't work through the issue. Whether it works for me or not you're a life saver for jumping in so fast to help.

It's much appreciated and I'll let you know.

Thank you.

• PixelPower - SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT.... checking it out now and thank you. I have been working night and day on this game and this is the first time I couldn't work through the issue. Whether it works for me or not you're a life saver for jumping in so fast to help.

It's much appreciated and I'll let you know.

Thank you.

Ok it should work well perfectly with your game. If you have trouble figuring out how to implement it just ask and I can help.

1) Just set the blocks to invisible

2) then set a global variable called "Appear" make it equal zero.

3) Then set the power-up so that it makes appear equal 1.

4) Then set the system to compare variable equals = 1 , make blocks visible.

• PixelPower - I did it even easier so I hope it is still a good method. I wanted something simple and you gave me that.

I just simply did:

On object hit (Instead of destroy) I set it to invisible and collision disabled and with the power up I just turned it back on. When I saw what you did it clicked...

Thanks so much I can have a beer thanks to you...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)