Spaceship Tilting Right/Left Anim [Solved]

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. With wood, nature, & jungle theme
  • Hey, guys.

I'm trying to set this up, but I'm having a devil of a time.

On right arrow pressed/held ->play animation tiltright from current frame (about 9 frames tilting right)

On right arrow released -> reverse animation tilt right from current frame to default

On right animation finished (last frame tilt right or Frame 9)– play right engine anim (simple 2 frame anim)

I have 2 examples of this, which are sort of similar, but not quite: the Ashley Space Blaster Game and a nice little pirate game side scroller with a sprite strip and a mask.

I actually don't know what the best way is to set this up as this is my first forray into sprite animations in C2 (aside from something simple I did for a platformer a while back).

so.

1) Is the best way to set this up as traditional animation playing or an image with the full animation and a mask? I have an example of the latter, but I'm still not fully sure how it works. The animation strip has some instance variables like num, frame, and sprites I believe. Why would people set it up this way as opposed to the traditional way Construct 2 does it?

2) How the heck would I implement this:

On right arrow pressed/held ->play animation tiltright from current frame (about 9 frames tilting right)

On right arrow released -> reverse animation tilt right from current frame to default

On right animation finished (last frame tilt right or Frame 9)– play right engine anim (simple 2 frame anim)

I did something cool yesterday from scratch without any examples, where I surprised myself. Maybe my brain is just fried today.

• Is it top down? Because if it is, you wouldn't need the animations, just one sprite using the 8 direction. Would save a lot of work too. But I'm guessing its not?

• Oh, hi.

I should mention this is top down and custom movement. I don't use platform behavior at all since it didn't work for what I was trying to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I should also mention that while the engine 2 frame anim is playing and u press the left arrow or release the right arrow the tilt right anim should reverse again by itself to default frame.

• So being top down, you wouldn't need animation to create what you wanted. Just allow it to angle rotate on movement. Though it would have to be top down and not slightly offset to create the effect. I mean I would use the 8 direction movement, just have frames that show lights, engines etc. Therefore not needing to animate frames and saving time. You can however add the pin behaviour to objects, like particles so the ship has smoke or whatever you wanted.

Sorry if I'm not making much sence, I'm new myself but have found this way the best for top down. Though not so good for a top down angled game, whereas you would need at least 4-8 frames for the angles. I have a link saved, I will have to post it tomorrow or PM you it if I am unable to post links. It explains the movement with 8 direction.

• I already have the animations done, which are really cool, why is I'm trying to integrate them.

If somebody knows how to do this and needs a base starting non-working capx with some squares whatever, please let me know and I'll post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)