Sounds not playing when music is on (chrome)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I got my game to start playing a music when the layout starts. The music plays fine, but no other sound does. If I put my music in the sounds folder and wait a little, the music will eventually load and play simultaneously with other sounds normally.

I tested on Firefox and only some other sounds plays normally.

Does anyone here already experience any problems like this?

Is there a better way to have a music playing background without affecting other sounds?

• Use the Preload action to download some of the sound effects you need in advance then there should hopefully be no delay.

• which format are you using, mp4 or ogg?.. chrome doesn't reproduce mp4 I think.

• This is a currently ongoing bug. A workaround is to preload every sound effect you have first.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Plinkie -

Since Music is streamed, preloading can't be the answer (I guess). I could put my song in the Sounds folder and preload it, but it's not the best choice. It affect performance a little bit. If I can't find a way to make Music work, I guess I'll have to do that. Thanks for the response.

danuyos -

I'm using WAV/ogg. The song plays fine. The only problem is that other sounds (such as shooting and hitting) don't play if the music is playing. If I disable the action that plays the music, the other sounds runs fine. In chrome no sounds plays at all, in Firefox only some sounds are played.

Maybe my post is confusing. When I say sounds, it's whatever is in Sounds folder.

keroberos -

That's bad to hear ): I hope this get fixed.

If anyone have a nice example of a music playing in background while other sounds plays normally, please show me! I'll put everything in the sounds folder for the time being, but I really wanted to know how to do it better.

Due to the 100 events limitations in free version, I'm going to redo my game in Construct Classic while I gather money to buy a licence. I hope Construct Classic handles sound/music more easily, since it's not HTML5.

Thanks for the attention.

• Martiny, you should preload the sound effects that are not working. NOT the music itself. Then, sounds should play as well as music. I came upon this problem when I was working on Blossom project. It actually solves the problem.

Regards;

• Didn't even think about it! When everyone said preload, I thought they were talking about the music. I'm very sorry. I'll try fixing it as soon as I can. Thank you.

Thanks everyone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)