Soundboard like App .. Need ideas and HELP!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Im trying to make a soundboard like software for desktop. It consists of Sprites with multiple audios per sprite and each audio has a corresponding colored sprite. It will be triggered by touch and keyboard keys.

Problems I encounter / Questions:

Q1. With the help of BLACKHORNET I manage to create One Sprite which played 4 audios alternately.

Now, what will I do if there are multiple sprites with Audios? Sprite NO (4 audios), Sprite YES (3 audios), Sprite blah blah ... etc

Q2. I created 2 triggers (touch and keyboard) with same events and actions to a Sprite. How will I minify this into a function to make it one trigger only?

Q3. I created a Sprite with 4 extra colored frames. I want to run them in order. Sprite NO ( 1st press: audio1 - green frame, 2nd press: audio2 - orange frame, etc)

I tried using object clicked set frame as choose(1,2,3,4). It only chooses the frame randomly. I want to make it in order. How? Also how to make it work with touch and keyboard..

this is my sample capx:

drive.google.com/open ... 0xmT1lkU0k

I dont have any background of Programming language or whatsoever. Please just bear with me if I cannot truly understand some if not all of your help and explanations. Its better if you could provide me VISUAL samples, Capx samples, etc.

I can better analyze them that way. Thanks in advance.

• Q1, not sure I understand

Q2. check the manual and/or the tutorials for 'function'

Q3. don't use choose. choose is a command to randomly choose. just put the number you want to choose. for the next one, you could say self.animationframe +1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Q1, not sure I understand

Q2. check the manual and/or the tutorials for 'function'

Q3. don't use choose. choose is a command to randomly choose. just put the number you want to choose. for the next one, you could say self.animationframe +1

I will rephrase my Q's

Q1. How will play audios by group? like in the image my NO sprite/button is playing the audios under the subfolder NO. how will I code it in my YES sprite/button to play the audios under the YES subfolder?

Q3. How will I loop the set animation back to frame 1?

Thanks for the reply ...

• http://www.blackhornettechnologies.com/ ... d_BHT.capx

I've switched over to using instance variables, instead of globals. This would be even easier with Families, but here's Yes & No, with multi-triggers, functions, and using an offset to sync the frames & sound names. Each item still counts from 0 to X, but Yes will offset the number to get the sound name. Subsequent buttons would do something similar.

• blackhornettechnologies.com/Construct2Stuff/soundboard_BHT.capx

I've switched over to using instance variables, instead of globals. This would be even easier with Families, but here's Yes & No, with multi-triggers, functions, and using an offset to sync the frames & sound names. Each item still counts from 0 to X, but Yes will offset the number to get the sound name. Subsequent buttons would do something similar.

Wow! It is absolutely perfect! It behaves well the way I want it to.. Thank you so much for the time and patience for fixing my code.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)