I have a sound on my jump..

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Time your moves carefully and go as high as you can!
  • I have a sound on my jump which i want to play only once on press. Also after that to only be able to be played during the jump when he is on the floor. So you cannot spam the button whilst in mid air and hear the jump sound.

On top of that is there a way i can get the sound to be disabled on another layout. As going to the scoreboard page (upon death) when you click you still hear the jump sound.

Pretty sure the trigger once system event is wrong, but i don't know where to put it.

Having it left button click and space pressed works fine (still can hear it mid air pressing) but with the touch in there you can keep down the key press and it keeps playing the sound.

imgur.com/a/wsPY5

Anyway around this?

Thanks

• Add the condition 'player is not jumping' to the jump event.

Give the scoreboard layout its own event sheet that doesn't include the player movement events.

Replace 'is in touch' with 'on touch start'.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Add the condition 'player is not jumping' to the jump event.

Give the scoreboard layout its own event sheet that doesn't include the player movement events.

Replace 'is in touch' with 'on touch start'.

I have done this and it sort of works thanks for that! But you can still slightly hear the sound whilst pressing it? Like the first 0.01 second of it which is weird.. As for sheets.. due to having to import the score over to my leaderboard sheet (which are 2 separate sheets) i had to include the 'Game_Sheet 1' with the leaderboard sheet.

imgur.com/a/nSiEH

((I also tried mute sound too))

Anyway around this?

Thanks

• I meant add the player is not jumping as a condition of the jump event, so left click will only jump and play the sound once until the player returns from jump.

Set some kind of variable up and add it as a condition to the player controls, so if the variable is set to something then player controls don't work. Then set it to the expected value when you're on scoreboard to disable controls, change the value back when you are in the main game.

• I meant add the player is not jumping as a condition of the jump event, so left click will only jump and play the sound once until the player returns from jump.

Set some kind of variable up and add it as a condition to the player controls, so if the variable is set to something then player controls don't work. Then set it to the expected value when you're on scoreboard to disable controls, change the value back when you are in the main game.

How would i go about doing this?? Sorry fairly new to construct!

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)