How do I make Sonic movement without jittery sprites?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Hybrid Sonic Branding Kit is a business identity & motion graphics sound effects library.
  • So, I wanted to make a Sonic fangame in Construct 2 free edition. (Construct 3 free edition has too many limitations) So, I was making the running mechanic, where Sonic will walk when pushing the direction button, but at a certain speed, he will start running. However, the running bit is a bit glitchy, and I always suspect that it is how collision is handled. Can you please suggest how to fix this? I don't know how.

See for yourself. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15M06Mc ... sp=sharing

Looking forward to your responses.

• Make sure that all frames in the running/dashing animations are the same size and the Origin image point is in the same position in all frames.

There is a common trick that helps to avoid issues like that:

Create an invisible rectangular sprite with Platform behavior. This will be your main "character" sprite, controlled by the player.

Remove Platform behavior from your sonic sprite and pin it to the invisible character sprite, like a "skin".

This way animations on the sonic sprite will not interfere with platform movements.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Make sure that all frames in the running/dashing animations are the same size and the Origin image point is in the same position in all frames.

There is a common trick that helps to avoid issues like that:

Create an invisible rectangular sprite with Platform behavior. This will be your main "character" sprite, controlled by the player.

Remove Platform behavior from your sonic sprite and pin it to the invisible character sprite, like a "skin".

This way animations on the sonic sprite will not interfere with platform movements.

Thank you, but the animation is still a problem, and worse, the speed also glitches because of the animation. I'm not sure if I made the same mistake, but you can see for yourself. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15M06Mc ... sp=sharing

• You are simulating controls only when the speed is <200

Change your events like this:

• You are simulating controls only when the speed is <200

Change your events like this:

THANK YOU! You are a legend! I am a beginner, I should say that, but you really helped me! Thanks!

Say, why did you change the default animation to dash? Just curious.

• No problem!

Where did you see that I changed the default animation to dash? I didn't.

• No problem!

Where did you see that I changed the default animation to dash? I didn't.

In the event sheet, the sonic skin sprite has the dash animation.

Is that something you did?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)