[SOLVED]Not sure if this is a bug

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • I have created a slide in menu with lite tween. When I am on the event tab for the menu and run the game and click the button to have the slide in menu appear the sprite font + text, close button and button sprite over the upgrade will show but if I close it and run it again it will not show, however if I then switch to the menu layout tab and run it it will show but again if I close the game and run it again the text will no longer show until I close and switch back and forth between the layout and the event tabs for the menu.

I always run the game in nw.js, tried switching it to the browser and the same issue. I also made sure that I have the most current version of Construct 2, and have tried closing Construct 2 and re-opening

here is a screenshot of the events for the slide in menu. I don't think it's a problem with the events as it does work just fine until I close and re-run the game. Is this a possible bug or am I dealing with an issue in the events?

Here are images of both working and not working

Working

Not Working

• Are you previewing the same layout? If you are switching between different windows in C2 and then press F5, you may be running different layouts.

So the problem is with two text objects missing? Run the game in Debug Mode, see if these objects exits, check their position, visibility, etc.

Check if inst_Show variable is true, maybe it gets reset to false by some other event..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you previewing the same layout? If you are switching between different windows in C2 and then press F5, you may be running different layouts.

So the problem is with two text objects missing? Run the game in Debug Mode, see if these objects exits, check their position, visibility, etc.

Check if inst_Show variable is true, maybe it gets reset to false by some other event..

it is the same layout i've made sure of that, I just switch between the menu layout and the menu event sheet tabs. I checked in debug and the times that it doesn't show the text the inst_show is not being set to true. But it is not every time. To get it to set to true I either just have to close and re-run or switch from menu layout tab to menu event tab and run or vise versa and then it does get set to true, but again if i close and re-run from that it then does not get set to true. Running it in debug mode from the menu layout tab it doesn't do it every time, sometimes i can close it and then re-run the preview and it will stay two or three times but on the third or fourth time it doesn't set the inst_show to true. When the sprite fonts aren't showing and it is not setting the inst_show to true the sprite fonts do still exist

Tried it with the same setup that i have for another slide in menu option and it doesn't seem to have any problems with that one so it seems to be localized to just the new one, the lightning skill menu

• I really doubt that this is a bug in C2 editor.

Since you know now that the problem is with inst_show variable, add debug output (Browser-Log) to all events where it can be set to false or toggled.

There may be lots of different reasons why you game behaves differently every time you run it (mistakes with local storage, for example), but it's impossible to tell without seeing your capx..

• I really doubt that this is a bug in C2 editor.

Since you know now that the problem is with inst_show variable, add debug output (Browser-Log) to all events where it can be set to false or toggled.

There may be lots of different reasons why you game behaves differently every time you run it (mistakes with local storage, for example), but it's impossible to tell without seeing your capx..

I tried with the second skill menu just using the bare bones to get it to show with the sprite fonts and close button and still the same issue, not sure how to do the output browser-log. Created a capx with just the menu layout and events as other parts of the project have commercial behaviors being used. might have to run and close the preview a few times before it will show without the sprite font

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gsT1XnohTvJ5Fet5lAWBcPbLqW76_4_l

• The LiteTween2 behavior is active by default on your LightningSkillMenu sprite.

When it ends after about 1 second of runtime, inst_Show is reset to false.

So if you start the game and click the inventory too soon (say, after 0.8 seconds), then in 0.2 seconds the LiteTween2 ends and the inst_Show is reset, detaching those text objects from the menu sprite.

I told you you should use Browser-Log. You could have quickly figured this out yourself

• The LiteTween2 behavior is active by default on your LightningSkillMenu sprite.

When it ends after about 1 second of runtime, inst_Show is reset to false.

So if you start the game and click the inventory too soon (say, after 0.8 seconds), then in 0.2 seconds the LiteTween2 ends and the inst_Show is reset, detaching those text objects from the menu sprite.

I told you you should use Browser-Log. You could have quickly figured this out yourself

Oh you have to add the browser object, i thought it was part of the system for debug and wasn't sure how to access the log to console. Thank you for checking that for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)