[SolvedHow do I remove the censorship in speech recognition?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Customizable speech bubble dialogue system! With this dialogue system, you can finally have speech bubbles in your game!
  • Hey.

Is there a way to remove the censorship of the speech recognition?

For example if the user says "shit" the game only safes "s***" in the variable, leading in wrong results. It not only censores the text displayed but also the text safed in variables.

If this is not possible I whould suggest it as a new feature. Toggle censorship in text displayed (instead of censoring variables or speech recognised). :>

Thanks in advance.

• No solutions? =(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Overall I'd recommend not using Speech Recognition on games at all.. Just because it's quite unstable system and would harm foreign players a lot. For example, i know that even though my English is (almost) ok while written, my pronunciation is so off that I can't use any voice based search or dictation systems. And yes. I have tried more than once and with more than one system.

• Not to mention accents, or those with general imperfect speech. Speech recognition might work of you're catering to Nigeria, but for the rest of us... There's a reason why most big companies who've attempted to introduce it on their telephone systems (at the cost of many millions) have ditched it.

• So you say constructs speech recognition is an useless feature...? I'm even foreign and I have no problems using the speech recognition. Also there aren't complex sentences in my game. I think everyone can say, for example, ,,go to the tree". Additionally I will add speechless controls.

But this censoreship bothers me.

• The censorship seems to be part of Google's Web Speech API, not something Scirra added. I couldn't find any way to disable it.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

• Oh ok. Good to know.

Thank you for your effort.

• Yes, any censorship is done internally by the browser, we do not apply any from Construct 2 and are not aware of any way to disable it from our engine. I don't know why they would do this - you can still type in those words...

• Thanks for clearing this up. I'll find a way around this.

• I would not go to say it's totally useless, but you have to understand it's limitations. IMHO it's still on gimmicky side, but not as badly as Google Glass or similar.

• Okay. I will test out its limitations.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)