[Solved]How do I configure my project for tmx maps

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello

I'm making a game, and there is two layers of tmx maps from tiled, with an horizontal scrolling.

My maps have some tiles missing for its to show the sky and the mountains behind.

The problem i get is that depending on how i scale the window (or not), i get the vertical borders between tiles and transparent areas that vibrates vertically. (only in tmx maps)

My game has a resolution of 1366x768, but if i scale it to 1920x1080, the problem seems to disappear.

I use NW.js 0.19.4, on Windows 10 x64.

Any idea of what i can do ?

• No idea ?

• No idea ?

Please allow enough time for those users who offer assistance to notice and possibly respond to your post. They come from many different time zones so a little patience is sometimes required.

It is usually accepted that bumping your own thread is ok if no response has been forthcoming after 24 hours.

Thanks.

• IT might help you get a response if you follow the Tips for posting and maybe include a .capx.

As it stands, your query is a little hard to understand and a small .capx with instructions may help.

• Thanks, this is the link :

http://www.retro-bruno.com/downloads/exeproject.capx

1) Just scroll in the game and watch the tearing.

2) Maximize the window (if you have a 1920x1080 screen) and watch again. In my case, there is no more tearing.

My question is why ?

• I don't experience tearing or missing tilemap elements on my computer.

Do other users can try the capx out and see if they get some or not ?

• No problem here, too. I have a very smooth scrolling, no tearing no missing tiles.

• No tearing for me either, although I do notice the (very) slightest flicker on the floor tiles that the sprite walks on, but I don't think this is what you are referring to. Other than that, all appears to be fine.

For reference: my system is Win 7 Pro x64 Intel I7 GeForce GTX 970 with latest WHQL drivers.

What is your GPU and are the drivers up to date? This is usually the primary cause of graphical corruption and glitches.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your answers.

My drivers are up to date and i have the last directx.

I have an i7 with 12 Gb ram and a Geforce GTX 650 TI.

This tearing is only here when i don't maximize the window.

My screen has a resolution of 1920x1080 px and the game, when not maximized, is in 1366x768 px with TMX maps of (1024 * 5) width for a height of 576.

I dont know why i have this problem.

My graphist has a bigger machine than me, and also get this when not scaled.

I've helped him to update the driver of his graphic card and install DirectX, but no changes.

I don't know why i get this tearing.

If someone test my capx and find something strange, please tell me.

• Any chance you can record it to youtube or gifcam so we can see what you are seeing?

• I've tried to use PlayClaw, but the tearing is so subtile that even with a capture at 60 fps, i can't show what i see.

PlayClaw add jerk everywhere.

It is only the vertical borders of the houses.

If you scroll the map and watch the borders of the houses, you'll see they jerk a little.

It is not obvious to see.

• Ok, i've tested on a very slower computer, and on it, the tearing increase, but less when i maximize the window.

Sorry for the double post, but can someone try the capx on a basic computer ? (no i7, no Nvidia GTX)

So it can be :

1) A bad optimization of my game. (they are 2 TMX maps with a lot of tiles of 64x64 px in my project)

2) Scale settings problem. (i've actualy set the "Fullscreen Scale" to "Scale Inner")

3) A conflict between the screen size (1366x768) and the TMX map size (1024*5) by 576 px.

I someone has an idea on how i can optimize my capx...

• Oh ok, now I see what you're talking about.

That wasn't what I was expecting for when you mentioned "tearing".

It's indeed subtle, when you are moving, it appears as buildings are leaving a 1 pixel trail/ their border is blurry.

But it actually is the same case on my computer when maximized.

It feels indeed like some scaling issue in the end.

You probably should play with the project's resolution and scaling/scaling quality properties.

• Thanks Kyatric, you're right.

I've finally found a solution.

I export my NW.js project in Kiosk mode, not in windowed mode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)