Hundreds of features to explore
Games made in Construct
Your questions answered
Popular & trusted by schools and Universities world-wide
Construct 3 runs in the browser & works offline
Students do not need accounts with us
Our educational partners
Free education resources to use in the classroom
World class complete documentation
Official and community submitted guides
Learn and share with other game developers
Upload and play games from the Construct community
Game development stories & opinions
I opened up a few different games and they are around 0-1% CPU usage.
My game compiled through Ludei takes up 30% CPU and End button is red on Android.
What are your CPUs at and how can I get it lower?
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
My game, Shards, is currently at 35-85% (depending on the number of units/level objects)... on desktop. And it's nowhere near complete. I'm trying to optimize it as much as possible, but this is concerning me if the game is even viable in the way I imagined it.
This is a bit concerning for me as its killing battery life on phones. Has anyone successfully had mobile game less than 10%?
Please do not spam the forum with the same topic. I closed the following threads:
CPU usage uses less battery than the screen just being on with modern phones, and the runtime suspends when the game goes in to the background so it should use zero CPU in that case.
Thanks Ashley. And sorry for the spam. Ill keep this in mind for the future. Thanks!
So I did a test by having one sprite and no events, ran it through Ludei, and installed it on my Android. The CPU was still around 30% so that throws optimizing my code out the window to reduce CPU.
The measurement Construct 2 makes should be regarded as a guess - it's based on timer measurements on one thread and the real usage could be significantly different. It's only really useful to determine low/mid/high usage, and 30% is low.
Oh, I was referring mainly to Ludei and what it does to CPU. Construct's performance and CPU is good. Its only when compiling through Ludei where it seems to create CPU issues.
I figured out a solution. I compiled with 1.4.7 and CPU issues went away. Phew!