[SOLVED] Best way to work many Stages and Event Sheets?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi guys! ^_^

I'm developing a side-scrolling platform game with several stages and I created an Event Sheet with all of the player's character programming. I know I can assign an Event Sheet to multiple stage Layouts, but I wasn't able to use that Event Sheet in all layouts, since C2 doesn't have a function to call specific Layouts.

In this case, the correct way to work is:

1. All player's character groups and routines must be on each Event Sheet of each Layout at each stage;

2. Just one Event Sheet with the groups and routines of the player's character, connected to all the layouts of each stage.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

• Yeah 2. Every layout has its own event sheet for stage-specific stuff. Anything to do with characters, inventory, menus, other general stuff can have their own event sheets and be 'included' at the top.

• Yeah 2. Every layout has its own event sheet for stage-specific stuff. Anything to do with characters, inventory, menus, other general stuff can have their own event sheets and be 'included' at the top.

Thanks one more time for the great help, !

But how exactly do I do it?

In other words, in the stage's event sheet, how do I call the player's character routines groups?

• Have an event sheet for Character, with all the generic character events. Then on your event sheet for Stage 1, right-click, include event sheet, Character. This Stage 1 event sheet now acts as though the Character events are also in there.

• Have an event sheet for Character, with all the generic character events. Then on your event sheet for Stage 1, right-click, include event sheet, Character. This Stage 1 event sheet now acts as though the Character events are also in there.

Thanks, dude!

This time the solution is much easier than I imagined!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep, it's easy when you know how! Good luck.

• Yep, it's easy when you know how! Good luck.

Hell yeah!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)