- A Platform game
- Wanted to add a "Knock back" effect when a bullet hits an enemy.
- Enemies have the Platform behaviour
- Tried to Set Vector X of enemy to a value to simulate a Knockback effect.
- However I realised, Vector X seems to be capped by the "Max Speed" value of a Platform behaviour.
- Am reluctant to simply set X position as it will bypass collision detection, i.e. able to push an enemy to the other side of a wall.
Shouldn't "Max Speed" only cap the speed attainable via user/simulated control, or is there anything that I'm missing out?
Will using physics behaviour mean more intensive processing that would potentially slow down the game in the long run (or is the platform behaviour using the same physics code)?
Thanks for trying to help :)!