How do I solve this animation bug?(video inside)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hello guys first you can watch the video and see what is happening:

As you can see when the player reachs the top for some reason the jump animation is triggered for a short time and I don't have any idea about how to fix this, here you have my code:

[/url I'm not sure but i think the problem is enabling and disabling the platform behaviour but at this point I'm not sure. Any ideas?
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There was a very similar post, where character was climbing something, at the end of the climb it was a fraction of a pixel lower than the floor level, which caused it to bounce up and jumping/falling animation was triggered for a very short time.

It may be something similar in your case - character is either a bit higher or a bit lower than the floor at the end of the climb.

You can add some debug output (Browser->Log) to your events to check Player1 coordinates at the end of the climb, at the beginning and end of falling/jumping animation etc. This should tell you what's going on.

Or you can simply add a short cool-off time after the climb, something like 0.2s, during which ignore jumping/falling events.

• There was a very similar post, where character was climbing something, at the end of the climb it was a fraction of a pixel lower than the floor level, which caused it to bounce up and jumping/falling animation was triggered for a very short time.

It may be something similar in your case - character is either a bit higher or a bit lower than the floor at the end of the climb.

You can add some debug output (Browser->Log) to your events to check Player1 coordinates at the end of the climb, at the beginning and end of falling/jumping animation etc. This should tell you what's going on.

Or you can simply add a short cool-off time after the climb, something like 0.2s, during which ignore jumping/falling events.

dop2000 thanks a lot! if i add -0.6 to the Ywallpoint where the playermask goes it works!

You are awesome!

• Glad it helped

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)