no solution yet ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • hey , i have built my own in-app keyboard because i hade a problem with the standard keyboard resizing my app and i don't want that to happen, besides it looks better with a own themed keyboard that fits the app theme.

so my problem is : i want to prevent the default keyboard from showing when the textbox is in focus i can do that by

changing the text box to Read-only that works, but that doesn't allow the user to copy, past , set the caret to a specifique position to add or delete a word.

is there any solution to my problem ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you are making your own keyboard, why use a textbox field?

Maybe you should try just show the characters that are being typed on a text obj but not a textfield. Adding characters to a variable string.

• you could just make a white box sprite that looks like a text box, and simply add text to a text object to fake it.

• Just what I said.

• thank you for the reply, let me be more specefique , i making a chat application , and chatter need all the features in textbox like changing the cursor position to correct a mistake , and need to copy and pas some text and links... you know , so i need the options that textbox gives.

• You can not use the form control to do that.

You must calculate and insert the cursor and highlighting yourself. The only other way is to build a keyboard in java for android as a separate app.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)