How do I smoothly increase sprite size to original size

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • I have the sprite starting at 0, 0 and would like to smoothly increase its size to 1.

Right now i have:

system > start of layout: sprite > set size to (0, 0)

logo > start fade

logo > enable effect "warp radial"

system > every tick: logo > set size to (self.width + 16 * 0.5, selfheight + 9 * 0.5)

I've tried many different things but the sprite either... doesn't stop growing or it snaps to the 1,1 size, which looks bad.

So how can i smoothly grow the sprite and have it stop at its original size?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jeffige

either you have to test if it has reached 100% in the every tick event (before you change the size)

system > every tick: logo > set size to (self.width + 16 * 0.5, selfheight + 9 * 0.5)

would become:

system > every tick: logo.width less than (target width) > logo: set size to (self.width + 16 * 0.5, selfheight + 9 * 0.5)

or you could use LiteTween: https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-litetween_t70700

the nice thing about litetween is that it has many different ease in and out effects. you can also tween different properties at the same time: size, position, opacity, etc...

• You can also use LERP.

set width

--- lerp(object.width,object.desiredwidth,1-0.3^dt)

set height

--- lerp(object.height,object.desiredheight,1-0.3^dt)

(Change the 0.3 for different speeds. The lower the number when using ^dt means the faster it will change. This number must be greater than 0 but lower than 1)

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)