Smooth scroll with lerp (Facebook-like scrolling)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hello everyone!

I've been trying to tackle an issue for quite a long time, I still cannot figure out how to do this.

So lets say I have a huge inventory system, and I would like it to be compiled in a list of objects and text, how would I approach it to act like I am scrolling through my Facebook news feed? I am intrigued by how smooth and fluid the news feed is on Facebook and it inspires me to create a system to allow this kind of function in one of my mobile apps.

I got the idea to use the clamp function in Construct, with the drag and drop behavior, you can create a scrolling effect but what is missing is the lerp functionality, where it feels fluid whenever you scroll slower, faster and let go it will still keep scrolling and come to a slow stop, just like a lerp function.

This current scroll system works, but it is not what I want. It is not very fluid.

Any suggestions on how we can achieve this? I plan on sharing it with the rest of the community as well.

Thank you in advance!

• Can this help you?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can this help you?

You have the correct idea, I just want to incorporate it with the clamping function like my first example. I just don't know to use the drag and drop behavior with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)