Single-frame landing animation?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hello all! I'm currently working on a 2D platformer prototype, and I've got everything working decently save for this:

The character has a separate frame each for jumping, falling, hitting the ground and idling. I would like the sequence for a jump be

jump -> fall -> ground contact -> return to idle

The first two parts work great, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the "ground contact" frame from looping over and over again after the player character returns to the ground.

I am using the "On Landed" condition for that, but how do I handle the transition back into the idle state after the end of the jump? I'm probably missing something as simple as an added inverted condition, but I can't wrap my head around this one.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

• wait 1 second, set it to idle animation?

:)

• In that instance it'll keep looping between the falling and contact animation, causing the character to spaz out for (x) seconds. I even tried a Stop Animation as the first instance, but it doesn't seem to affect the landing part at all. I'm completely stumped because if I tell it to just return to default state without an "impact" frame, that works perfectly fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update:

It was my origins being messed up. Setting it to the foot of the character stopped him from going crazy, and it now works like a dream. Remember to check your origins!

• Hi.

I have the same problem here.

when

player is jumping > set ani to jump >

player is falling > set ani to fall >

player is on landed > set ani to land >

the animation for falling is looping against to on landed..

but when i remove fall, it go smoothly as it calls.

but the animation is look like a glitch if i remove the falling.

how did you put the origins? i tried putting it at the end bottom. but still not working right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)