Simulate 8 Direction Problem

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hello guys! I have a little problem with some events in my game.

For start, I made an object named "Player". I added to it the Platform behaviour. With the default controls, and I added the WASD controls using the simulate (left, right, jump) event while WASD keys are down. The default controls and the alternate ones works as it should.

Now, I added two other objects, and I added to them the 8 Direction behaviour with left and right direction only. When running the game, the default controls works fine. But when I add "Keyboard - A is down - object - simulate 8 direction pressing left" nothing happens when I press A key. If I press the arrow key from the defaul controls it works well.

What I want to do is while the player is moving, two objects to move closer to the player. That's why I need the same key for the player and for the objects with the 8 driection behaviour.

What should I do in order for the simulate control for 8 direction behaviour to work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello again. I figured out the problem. It seems that it was a mistake I made. In my project I have a template layout and a template event sheet. And when I created a new layout, I forgot to link it to the new event sheet created, and it draw the events from the template one. Now it work as it should. I am sorry for it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)