Simple issue with z-index [SOLVED]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Just a super simple tunnel with perspective, the only problem is that it is only possible to sort entities (w/ for each ordered) ascending or descending, so I´m unable to send the recently created overlapping circles to their correct z position (as seen in the gif), I would like them to be behind the bigger circles, to give kind of a "tunnel effect".

This could be easily solved if there would be a way to set an specific z-index, but it is not the case (I guess this feature´s still in the to-do list...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Event sheet

Circle spawner with sine continuously creates growing circles, as simple as that. Also, this might be a bit cpu intensive so I would happily accept optimisation tips!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you put the most recent circles behind the older, larger ones then they won't even be visible. You should use rings instead of circles. To get the z-ordering right, just send the newly created object immediately to the back -- there's no need to continuously order them.

• Oh you´re totally right. I was wondering if I should have used rings from the beginning, though they might require to be way bigger sprites, I´ll see, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)