Side Scroller Punching, shooting, damage, and AI

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Shoot balls to destroy as many blocks as possible, at each stage the game will become more difficult.
  • Hello everyone i am making a side scrolling game but am wanting add punching, a sword, and a gun to the game, i already have the animations and buttons set and mapped, i just do not know how to set them so that they hurt the enemy, set how long before the next bullet can be fired, make an AI, set damage, make an AI attack. I know it sounds like a lot but if you think about it, it is not. All help is appreciated, and if anyone does not understand something ask and i will inform you, thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What have you already tried?

• Nothing really... This is my first, detailed, side scroller

• To prevent attacking too fast I usually use the flash behaviour. So when the enemy is damaged they flash and you can't damage them while they're flashing.

• What I meant was keeping the player from shooting too fast

• You could make it so they can only shoot if a bullet does not exist.

• I think I know how but what exactly what I need to change/add to do that?

• I think I know how but what exactly what I need to change to do that?

If you mean my suggestion...

When you summon the bullet, change an instance variable. Of course first you need to add this.

Only do this when you summon a bullet from the player. Then you can test if a bullet with that value exists, If it doesn't, allow the user to shoot again.

• I'm new to this... What exactly do I need to change in instance variables and where at in the events ect. I know my way around, I just dont know how to use more complicated things like instance variables

• What have you already tried?

Nothing yet... This is my first, detailed, side scroller

• instance variable https://www.scirra.com/manual/73/instance-variables

you should take a look at the tutorial "space blaster" and (perhaps) the manual.. try to do something, play around and ask for help if needed

• I'll post something tomorrow

• oops, forgot to go to the next page... anyways ive seen that page i just do not know how to use the variables/what to put into the boxes and event sheet to get them to work

• oops, forgot to go to the next page... anyways ive seen that page i just do not know how to use the variables/what to put into the boxes and event sheet to get them to work

So you don't know anything?...

Maybe you should practise work on a project that you think you're capable of before moving onto a slightly more advanced one.

• > oops, forgot to go to the next page... anyways ive seen that page i just do not know how to use the variables/what to put into the boxes and event sheet to get them to work

>

So you don't know anything?...

Maybe you should practise work on a project that you think you're capable of before moving onto a slightly more advanced one.

no, no i do know lots of things i just want to make sure it is put in correctly, i have health and attacks now i just need to make my enemy to have AI

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)