Show tower range. Any method?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Tower stacker
$9.99 USD
Template for a tower stacker game, fully documented in comments and video
  • My tower range is 250. How can I show this? Circle or something? I know I can pin sprite but don't know what is real range in game.

• Range is showed in pixels so 250 is 250 pixels of range, you can pin an empty dotted circle with 250 diameter on the 0 image point of the tower to show range.

You can also make it invisible or deleted on start, and make it like when player presses a button or a key to show the circle, you can toggle it visible/invisible, or use spawn new object on tower to show it, and destroy object to hide it.

• Range is showed in pixels so 250 is 250 pixels of range, you can pin an empty dotted circle with 250 diameter on the 0 image point of the tower to show range.

You can also make it invisible or deleted on start, and make it like when player presses a button or a key to show the circle, you can toggle it visible/invisible, or use spawn new object on tower to show it, and destroy object to hide it.

imhotep22

Thanks. I chosed spawn object when touch and it's ok. But this idea about 250 px doesn't work. I made 300 px circle for 250 range and real range is bigger (about 350 I think)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How large is the image you are using? i forgot to mention that sorry, try making the circle size to range + image radius.

Example 250px range, image diameter 100, circle size will be 250+100/2 or 300. If this does not work try tweaking the number until its right, also you should note that if the size of the towers are different this will need tweaking even more, using as close to circular towers will work best. This is because the range 250px starts soon as the image ends, but the circle we are drawing starts from the center of the image so the range looks bigger then the circle itself.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)