Show sprite animation in editor

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • I have a sprite with several different animations, how can I show a particular one in the editor instead of the first one?

Thank you

• There's no way to do this yet - can you get by with a 'Start of layout - set animation'?

• Ashley, It's not a problem of runtime, but of edittime, it would've been useful to be able to switch between animation to have a preview on the editor, just that.

• Hi Ashley, just found this topic because I need the same functionality for something I'm working on. In my particular case, I have a single object that is given multiple animations, and those animations are only set on runtime, but I'd like to pin other objects to them quite precisely.

I'm sure I could find a workaround for now but it would be very handy if this feature could be implemented.

Any idea if this could be included in a near release?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For right now, the only idea I can think of is to have a different sprite object and each object have one of the desired animations. Granted it's not the most efficient method, but it might be useful for testing purposes.

• Necro-ing this again because, unless I've missed it entirely all this time, it was snuck in during a recent update.

Under object properties there's now a property called initial frame :)

Either way, this is brilliant - it might seem like a small thing but it'll make a big difference in this particular project. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)