How do I show 2 cards in a random space between a set of 24

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • I'm doing a simple memory game for my first game on Construct 2. The game game begins by showing a number of cards with different logos from known brands, the number of cards depends on the level(level 1: 2; level 2: 4; level 3: 6). When the timer reaches 5 seconds those cards disappear and a set of 24 cards, all with different logos. The player must select the cards that have been shown before.

I already have done part of the work but i'm having troubles with the placing of the cards that are shown before. Here's what i've done already:

[attachment=0:2v4uco81][/attachment:2v4uco81]

(i followed the tutorial "Creating a Memory Match Game" made by kittiewan )

I need help. Can you tell me how i can save the number of image and place the cards shown before between a random set of the rest of cards

Thanks

(Sorry if i didn't explain correctly, but if you have doubts please tell me)

• Hi guys

I've made some progress but i still having some problems... Always appears at least one repeated card

Please go to the 1st level because that's the one that i'm working on.

Here's the project:

[attachment=0:1bn4tz9p][/attachment:1bn4tz9p]

Please help me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm afraid I find your events a bit irritating. You say this was done following a tutorial?

To make sense of it I would like to ask you about what exaclty you want to achieve here. I understand in the beginning there appears to be a certain number of cards you have to memorize and then pick out of a randomized set of 24 cards.

Is it important how many instances of the before shown cards appear to pick? And when you said you still had problems with repeated cards appearing: do you mean once presented cards to pick should be excluded going further on?

What I will say though: don't use copied event sheets for each level, you can simply select the same event sheet containing your game logic for each layout. Also for a game like this, you probably shouldn't even be using different layouts for each level. One will do.

What you really need to learn about are functions, they will make your events more effective and reusable. I suggest you head to the manual first.

• PixelRebirth Thanks!!

i already made this:

[attachment=0:37bq2ti6][/attachment:37bq2ti6]

I've made some things that you said. But only the Level 1 is operational

[quote:37bq2ti6]And when you said you still had problems with repeated cards appearing: do you mean once presented cards to pick should be excluded going further on?

No. If i run the program, in the set of the "After Cards" there's always at least one repeated card...

[quote:37bq2ti6]Is it important how many instances of the before shown cards appear to pick?

Sorry, but can you explain me what you mean by "instances"?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)