How do I setup the signalling server?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hi,

I believe this question is long overdue.

It is about time that someone creates a tutorial how to set up the signalling server on a physical or virtual server. Hosted somewhere on the web.

I recently tried setting up the server locally (using the portable version of Node.js) and this is the result:

Node v5.7.0 C:\Users\username\Z\PortableApps\NodeJSPortable\Data>node C:\Users\username\Z\Docu ments\Downloads\Multiplayer_signalling_server\sigserv.js C:\Users\username\Z\PortableApps\NodeJSPortable\Data\node_modules\ws\lib\websocke t.js:8 const { randomBytes, createHash } = require('crypto'); ^ SyntaxError: Unexpected token { at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16) at Module._compile (module.js:387:25) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:422:10) at Module.load (module.js:357:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12) at Module.require (module.js:367:17) at require (internal/module.js:16:19) at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\username\Z\PortableApps\NodeJSPortable\Data\n ode_modules\ws\index.js:3:19) at Module._compile (module.js:413:34) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:422:10) C:\Users\username\Z\PortableApps\NodeJSPortable\Data>

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • manually updating the portable version to 10.15.3 allowed the server to start.

Still not quite clear about the public setup of the server.

I have the config.js in the same folder as sigserv.js any idea why it cannot find it?

***************************************************** Construct 2 multiplayer signalling server v1.0 ***************************************************** Unable to locate config.js. Reverting to server default settings. Unable to find SSL key file 'ssl.key'. Reverting to insecure server. Server name: My Multiplayer Signalling Server Operated by: MyCompany Starting signalling server on ws://localhost:80... Server running

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)