How do I set tiled background object's ImageWidth?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • I don't see how I can access this expression... Unless it can only be read and not altered?

• it's under size and position - "set width"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeh, there's another one I'd like to get at and change tho. From the manual:

[quote:2a9h8une]

Tiled Background expressions

ImageWidth

ImageHeight

The original dimensions of the tiled background's current image in pixels. Since tiled backgrounds can be extended over large areas causing the normal Width and Height expressions to return different values, these can be used to get the original size of the source image regardless of the object size.

• for the imagewidth imageheight i guess you may want to enlarge it using the sprite editor?

you can do a Scale altering from the events... if you want.. that is going to scale the whole thing... but i guess works only on sprites... not sure on tilebackgrounds...

• I think these are just so you can do things like

tiledbackground - set width (tiledbackground.imagewidth * 5 )

• for the imagewidth imageheight i guess you may want to enlarge it using the sprite editor?

you can do a Scale altering from the events... if you want.. that is going to scale the whole thing... but i guess works only on sprites... not sure on tilebackgrounds...

I think that'll change just the drawing area and not the tile resolution itself? I guess I'll just have to make a big-ass sprite to do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions

• I think that'll change just the drawing area and not the tile resolution itself? I guess I'll just have to make a big-ass sprite to do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions

i dont know really i didn't tested but as seen on the sprites how they act.. the whole picture enlarges... i was thinking will do the same on tile-background see if anything happens.. if not then really have no clue.. i wold gladly do a test for u but im not at home im in vacation in some village barely have internet connection.. you can search in the manual maybe there is a reference on it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)