How do I set a special movement on board game ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various soldier character sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Hello,

I am kinda stuck (again .. ><), I'm doing a board game and I'm stuck about the pieces' deplacements.

Take a look at this. ( I think you gonna need to open it in full tab)

On the left you can see the board, ready and prepared for a game. And on the right how it works, so you need to tap the piece you want to move and click on the case it needs to go (both are already scripted and works).

Now the problem become from the rules, the piece can move from 1 to 1 case and only in 4 directions.

So I have to create an highlight on neighboor cases so I can tap on it to move the piece. The problem is, I don't know how to create this part, I have already thinking about creating a collision box with a collision box that goes on the other cases, but the problem is I have exceptions (like the cases with no symbols, a piece can't go back in it after exiting) so generate all of them might be rought and long. Same for creating the special collider for the box, kinda ugly x). Like all the solution itself.

So if anyone of you knows a proper solution, or if there isn't (which I clearly doubt since i'm far to be a genius x) ) just tell me.

Regards.

• Hi, I've tried but this is not what i am looking for.

I want to highlight the selectable cases which are directly neighboor from the starting case (where there is my piece). And after that I know how to do the deplacement, the thing i don't know is how to highlight the neighboor cases :c

• Hi, I've tried but this is not what i am looking for.

I want to highlight the selectable cases which are directly neighboor from the starting case (where there is my piece). And after that I know how to do the deplacement, the thing i don't know is how to highlight the neighboor cases :c

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like it is what I want, gonna test that and come back to say it's ok or not x)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)