How do I set a spawned object to the road *dt speed

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Ok people, first off Happy Mother's Day to any game making Mothers out there.

Here is what I'm facing. I'm working on an Infinite Runner game but I'm haveing trouble spawning objects and they match the road movement speed.

Please let me explain: I have the road and the background set to *dt speed which is fine, however, I want to gradually speed up that speed time so it looks like my player is moving faster. (You'll see in the sample) The problem I'm facing is I can't make the pitfalls match the speed so they look like they are on the road and not floating across it.

One is an oil spill and the other is a sink hole so they need to look and move with the road speed once they spawn to look like they're one with the road. I should mention they have bullet behaviors.

A few things to note as well before you look, I am still working on the graphics and sounds, some of the graphics (Buildings and Cars) I did not do but eventually will get replaced with my own works. Player animations I did do and I have set it to go from slow to very fast for testing purposes eventually I want the speed to be gradual the more blocks you run.

See for yourself

http://goo.gl/c3ZHIO

ARROW KEYS TO MOVE

DON'T LET YOUR FEET HIT THE FRONT BUMPERS OF THE CARS

AVOID THE PITFALLS

Thank you in advance for any help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm thinking that you could set your dt*speed that you're using for the road and the buildings as a global variable. Then when you're spawning the sinkholes and oil slicks, you set the speed to that variable, that way it's always up to date.

• OK, ok, thank you I will try that. That makes since.

Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)