How do I set a direction-dependant attack animation?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Zombie attack is a survival game, where you have 2 types of games: Killer and survival.
  • Hello!

I just started working with Construct 2 and I wanted to start using attack animations of my character. Unfortunately, nothing I try actually works and the one time I managed to make the animation do something, it got stuck on the first frame.

Here's a screencap of the event sheet so far. I tried using "On key Pressed" conditions but those didn't work either, sadly.

Please keep in mind I have different animations for attacking left, right, up, and down, and I would like to have the character stand still while he attacks. Any ideas would be greatly appareciated!

• Post a .capx

• Unfortunately, I can't. I'm reworking some of the walking animations so it wouldn't be a good idea. I've seen other people get help with just screenshots, however.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • EightMan

It's just hard to know what you mean by "doesn't work". You say it gets stuck on the first animation. Could be an issue with your animation. No way of knowing unless I see it all.

• Oh, alright, gotcha. Is there a way to DM you the capx? I think that'd be for the best, due to how incomplete it is in some ways.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems like I have to reach 500RP in order to send DMs. Could we talk about this over skype or something? I'm really sorry for not posting the capx here, but as I said, I'd rather not share it until everything is in place, and I'm still working on some extra animations.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)