How do I set the cursor sprite angle toward player?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • I am making a top down shooter like the ghost shooter demo, I have set the mouse sprite as a squared crosshair, the player's angle, wich is a spaceship, follows the mouse, but I'm trying to make it so that the crosshairs flat side follow the player as well, so my crosshair's south side is aways facing the player.

I have managed to do that by rotating the crosshair angle 360 degrees towards the player but that only works with the crosshair sprite and not with the crosshair that is bound to the mouse position.

imgur.com/hRb2fOx

As you can see the left crosshair, that is not following the cursor, is the raw sprite and it is exactly the players angle, and the right crosshair is the mouse cursor with is not following the players angle.

• Have you tried this?

CrosshairSprite Set angle to angle(Mouse.x, Mouse.y, Ship.x, Ship.y)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried this?

CrosshairSprite Set angle to angle(Mouse.x, Mouse.y, Ship.x, Ship.y)

Yeah, tried it, it does the same thing, changes the way the raw crosshair sprite moves but not the cursor sprite, thanks for replying anyway.

• It should work. Is there another event setting the angle of the cursor sprite?

• War007007

It would be much easier to find the problem if you share your capx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)