How do I Set Camera to Offset

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Right now the camera and player are centered in the window. I would like to have the camera and player just off centered, so there is about 2/3 of the window in front of them.

I have seen some sidescroller games (paper monsters) do this and when the player moves to the right the camera shows 2/3 of the window to the right consistently.

i.e: if the screen is numbered 0 -100 to the right, the player stays at around 35.

Is this possible with C2? The posts and I have come across don't mention this sort of camera movement.

Thanks for any help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am using this setup to achieve similar results. This has the added benefit that you can use conditions and change the camera's position to somewhere else than normal, if for instance you want to point out a part of the layout to the user.

The scrolling is happening automatically by the 2 scroll to behaviors that exist on the Player and the camera sprites. Of course, you want the camera to be invisible in the game, I've left it visible for illustration purposes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)