Server Error in '/' Application.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • So basically i have uploaded the game.zip and it comes up with this error when trying to load the game of the arcade. It says this

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Arcade.Game.loadByRec(tblArcadeGame r) +243

Arcade.Game..ctor(Int32 ID) +486

arcade_play_playGame.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +358

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177

How do i fix this?

Here is a link to the game:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bumping

• Hey,

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This error means that the game crashed when you tried to handle an object that wasn't in the layout.

Said differently, you are manipulating an object (sprite or any other object) in a layout, but didn't have any instance of this object in the layout at the start.

It is important to have at least 1 instance of any object you need at the start of the layout. If there are enemies to spawn, but you don't want them at the start of the game, then put at least 1, and destroy it at the start of the layout. But if you try to "spawn" an enemy without one present at the start, it will crash.

• I dont really understand that

• ERRRRRGHHHH I ALWAYS USE FRICKING TEMPLATES EDIT THEM AND THEY STILL DONT FRICKING WORK............................................. SOMEBODY BLOODY REPLY WITH SOMETHING I CAN UNDERSTAND ALL 3 OF MY BLOODY GAMES THAT TOOK ME A WEEK TO MAKE EACH DO THIS BLOODY SERVER ERROR THING I HAVE A SERIOUS SERIOUS COMPLAINT.......................................................

• If I was wrong, go over the Bug forum, providing one of those .zip not working.

Don't need to write like that if you need help, it won't help, And it can be taken to be rude...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)