How do I separate duplicated AI object's actions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • I used containers to separate their collision masks and visuals, so thats working fine

i tried to use "for each" in different methods, as a whole or individual for actions/states in many different ways for the last day, i really hit a wall here

bit.ly/2EQKmkh

shift to run, hold "e" to hold on to edges

problem is with my eNPC (enemy npc) sheet, which are red characters and collision masks on right side of the level

• What are you talking about? Which objects, what actions? There are hundreds of events in your capx, what exactly should I look at?

Edit: Ok, I see red NPCs. So what's wrong with them? Could you elaborate?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What are you talking about? Which objects, what actions? There are hundreds of events in your capx, what exactly should I look at?

haha sorry, i edited the original post it but missed u i guess - my problem is "eNPCEvent" which is for the red aggressive npcs, when one of them gets aggro, all of them move the same as original aggravated one - my question is how do i keep them as individuals

• You can't disable/enable event groups if something changes about individual NPC instances.

When one NPC sees your character, you are disabling "eNPC Basics" and "eNPC States" groups. This affects all other NPCs! So this approach is completely wrong.

Use instance variables, use For Each loops, different timers. But don't disable groups.

• You can't disable/enable event groups if something changes about individual NPC instances.

When one NPC sees your character, you are disabling "eNPC Basics" and "eNPC States" groups. This affects all other NPCs! So this approach is completely wrong.

Use instance variables, use For Each loops, different timers. But don't disable groups.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh, of course. I knew this easily done deactivate/activate group thing i did was gonna bite me in the ass later

thank you for the guidance sempai

its not an issue using the group activations for player though right? if i manage it more tidily

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)