How do I use the scrollx with dt? having collision problems.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get my player sprite to detected collisions with my current scrolling setup below:

Basically I have the Platform behavior moving the player forward, with the player's position offset to the left (it's an endless runner game). However, when the player collides with an object that is set to destroy it, the collision isn't detected, and the player sprite just sits in front of the obsticle. Is there a proper way to offset my player sprite, while using delta time so collisions are properly detected?

• Can you eyplain your situation a bit more clearly, or maybe provide a file to look at? I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do and you would want the offset...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh I've done this before.

As you can see I just used the overlapping at offset condition. so when center is overlapped 100 pixels to the left of it the score increases by 1. You can use this condition multiple times to have many places where the object can be overlapped at offset.

Don't forget you can use negative numbers for hitting the left and the right of the object (at offset).

• Oh I've done this before.

As you can see I just used the overlapping at offset condition. so when center is overlapped 100 pixels to the left of it the score increases by 1. You can use this condition multiple times to have many places where the object can be overlapped at offset.

Don't forget you can use negative numbers for hitting the left and the right of the object (at offset).

This helped greatly! I've tested it about 50 times so far and can't reproduce the problem. You sir, are the man!

• I'm not the man xD. I give glory to God, Jesus Christ, that I was able to help you. I just figured this stuff out within the last week. I'm also building an endless runner type game for the first time. I hope to launch mine over several platforms with the diversity of Construct 2. God bless you on your endevors.

Please pm me if you have any other questions since we are building the same type of game we are probably running into the same problems xD.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)