How would I make the screen flash one time upon player death?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So, I'm developing my first game, a flappy bird clone. I'm going to have a way different artstyle but the gameplay is exactly the same. I've got the basic mechanics done, through following a tutorial on YouTube (plug: youtube.com/watch

If you remember or still play Flappy Bird, there's a screen covering flash for just a split second whenever the player dies. I'm completely stuck on how to do this, though. Any help would be appreciated.

• If you need to make the screen white for a fraction of a second, you can add a non-transparent layer above all other layers. Set it invisible by default. When player dies, set layer visible, wait 0.1s, set layer invisible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you need to make the screen white for a fraction of a second, you can add a non-transparent layer above all other layers. Set it invisible by default. When player dies, set layer visible, wait 0.1s, set layer invisible.

Hey man, this worked perfectly. I'm still a complete beginner and it took me a minute to get your instructions implemented to work right but I had no idea how to go about doing that, so thanks a lot, I appreciate your help and time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)