Scale Rate and Set Stepping Mode

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • I have a couple of questions:

1.) when you set up a hud set parallex to 0,0 and Scale Rate to 0 but unless im mistaken then the layer wont scale to multiple screen sizes with a scale rate of 0? i.e setup on my pc and transfer to android and my hud layer is not scaled but all other are. But when I set Scale Rate to anything but 0 i cannot seem to get anything to be placed correctly even with anchor. Any Ideas? other than resize everything on the HUD.

Edit: i guess i could also have it resize with events depending on the resolution but was hoping there was an easier way.

2.) Using Stepping Mode for physics objects to become frame rate independent works great for some physics objects and not so good for others. I'm pretty sure i know the answer, but is there a way to have some physics objects with stepping mode frame rate independent and some physics objects with fixed? or am i stuck with all or none?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I keep searching but I cannot fine anything on these specific questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• To answer #2, you can actually go into the source code and remove all values of deltatime, and then release it as a separate plugin. It shouldn't really be that difficult.

I'm not really sure about the scale rate, though. I haven't used it overmuch, but I haven't seemed to have trouble with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)