How do I save a .txt file on Android?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • Hi everyone! I'm currently making a level editor for my game. For the PC version I'm using NW.JS to save and load a text file, but NW.JS doesn't seem to work on Android (at least not with the same code as for PC).

I don't want to use local storage for Android because I want the player to be able to copy the file to their PC (So they can play the levels they made on Android on a PC and vice versa)

Do you guys have any idea as to how I could do this?

Thanks in advance!

• Bump...

• I do not know the answer for certain, but have you tried the browser/invoke download option?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do not know the answer for certain, but have you tried the browser/invoke download option?

Just tried it right now, with this event action: Invoke download of TEXTVARIABLE with filename "Level"

...but I'm getting a 404 error: "The requested filename could not be found. You may have closed the project you were previewing in Construct 2."

Judging by the second part of the error, it might have to do with the fact that I'm previewing over LAN on my android device... I'll try to build an .apk and see if it works like that.

Hi, Just built the app with Phonegap, but when I try and save the text, it gives me this error and crashes the app...

• Bump...

• Is there no way of doing this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)